Interactive Syria Crisis Timeline
This data visualization of the Syria crisis since the chemical attacks is based on a combination data sources, such as Tweets in Arabic and English, UN statistics, event descriptions, as well as "most shared" images of the day. The result is a chilling timeline of the event sequence since the chemical attacks and a snapshot of the related global conversation at a given date.
* Blue Line: Volume of Arabic language tweets (Arabic)
* Red Line: Volume of English language tweets
* Bubble sizes represent number of hashtag mentions in Twitter (clickable)
* Bubble Color: Arabic (blue), English (red)
* Vertical Lines represent key events
* Data Refresh: 2x Daily