The SumAll Foundation is hiring.
SumAll.org is a non-profit organization connected to a data statup dedicated to doing social good by analyzing data. One of the biggest challenges facing charities and non-profits is the lack of resources and data analytics at their disposal. By providing measurement and analytics, we can better gauge the impact of a social effort and can help to improve it.
We are looking for a creative, technically proficient engineer to join our team and help us with a diverse set of technical challenges. Current challenges include: creating an environment to host client data and databases; connecting that data to other sources of data (census data, financial data, Google analytics data...); collaborating with our analytics and design team to facilitate statistical modeling and create dynamic online visualizations and dashboards using this data; exploring the use of mobile applications and hardware devices for data collection/generation in remote areas; and leveraging Sumall.com technology to chart relevant “big trends” in all available data.
The ideal candidate has a technical degree is Engineering or Computer Science; is interested in design, visualization, and data; enjoys working with people; and has industry experience with one or more of the following:
- Full-stack web development
- Databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Visualization tools and frameworks (e.g. d3js, ...)
- Analytics tools (e.g. R, SPSS, Stata, ...)
- Interested in exploring hardware, physical displays, sensor devices
- An active networker who likes to go to meetups, explore, and present
- Good in listening and understanding client / partner requirements and translating them project ideas
Why Join Sumall.org?
- Have a measurable, personal impact on important social issues
- Work with a great team in a high-velocity startup environment
- Help shape a new category of data-driven non-profits
- Get paid to do things you would do for fun
- Work in a SoHo office with free lunch and snacks